Conditions regarding free delivery of waste oil and waste heavy fuel oil:
1. Waste oil covered by the conditions:
· Waste oil that is generated through normal use of lubrication oil and subject to a recycling fee in accordance with Act no. 162/2002, as amended.
· Waste oil that is generated through normal use of heavy fuel oil and subject to a recycling fee in accordance with paragraph 1 of Article 8 of Actino.162/2002 on Recycling Fees, but exempt from fees based on paragraph 3 of the same Article, designated with the customs tariff heading number 2710-1940.
Services that are not subject to these receiving conditions are not exempted from fees, and the receiving party shall collect the fee for them from the delivering party. Foreign vessels that are entitled to reimbursement of the recycling fee based on the reimbursement authorisation in Article 10 of Act no. 162/2002 on Recycling Fees are not entitled to free delivery.
2. The waste oil shall be pumpable and may not contain other materials than those that are formed through normal use of the oil. The waste oil may not contain solvents, thinners or other unspecified materials or chemical products such as ammonia.
The waste oil may not contain the following materials in excessive amounts:
* Heavy fuel oil may nevertheless contain the same maximum amount of sulphur that is permitted for heavy fuel oil for use on ships and boats in Iceland and within the pollution jurisdiction in Icelandic waters in accordance with Regulation 124/2015, as amended.
3. The receiving party takes delivery of waste oil from ships on weekdays between the hours of 8.00 and 17.00. Delivery must be ordered before 16:00 o'clock two days before delivery of the waste oil. For example, before 16:00 o'clock on a Monday for delivery on Wednesday, or before 16:00 o'clock on a Friday for delivery on Tuesday.
The receiving party takes delivery of waste oil from delivering parties on land at scheduled collection days in each part of the country. Delivery must be ordered before 16:00 o'clock two weekdays before the scheduled collection time in the relevant part of the country. For example, on a Thursday before 16:00 o'clock if the collection time is the following week.
When ordering delivery, the estimated volume and the nature of the waste oil in question shall be specified. The delivering party shall always endeavour to send in the service request with as much notice as possible, so that it is possible to combine collection from that party with that according to requests received from other parties. The receiving party is not liable for payment of damages resulting from deviations from the aforesaid time limitations.
4. The minimum volume which a receiving party collects from a delivering party is 400 litres. Exempt from this provision are municipalities and harbours. From those locations, waste oil is collected at least once a year, irrespective of volume.
5. Upon reception, the receiving party and the delivering party shall fill in a form for the reception, whereon shall be indicated information about volume, content and origin, and an affirmation from the delivering party that the waste oil contains no materials that are not permitted. Both parties shall confirm that the form is accurate by affixing their signatures. The delivering party shall retain a copy of the reception form.
6. If there is any doubt regarding the chemical composition of the waste oil, the receiving party can refuse reception thereof and demand that a chemical test is made in order to verify that the waste oil meets the requirements regarding material content.
7. The receiving party receives waste oil from the waste oil tanks of ships and delivering parties on land. However, delivering parties on land are permitted to collect waste oil in 200-litre barrels, which the receiving party drains on site.
8. The receiving party receives waste oil from ships alongside them at a location where access is possible. There shall be good access to a nozzle above deck and the ship shall pump the waste oil from the hold. Pump capacity shall be at least 40 liters/min.
9. Delivering parties on land shall have good access to a waste oil tank or a nozzle on the piping thereof, and it may not be located more than 10 metres away from a parking space that is accessible to the receiving party. If there is no waste oil tank available, the waste oil shall be in 200-litre barrels that are placed at an accessible location.
10. The receiving party must be informed the temperature of the waste oil is over 50°C. Maximum temperature of waste oil is 75°C.
11. The water content of waste oil shall be consistent with good work procedures. Maximum water content in received waste oil is 15% from delivering parties on land and 30% from ships. Samples are taken upon reception from the delivering party in order to verify the water content to determine fees that shall be imposed for water content in excess of the maximum limit.
12. Complaints about the service shall be submitted to the receiving party in writing.
13. Scheduled collection dates by parts of the country.
Valid from 1.1.2019